If you like to use WhatsApp in an old-fashioned way and you find the new status feature very annoying and want to restore the contact tab (which has been deleted along with the story-like status feature), then you don’t need to worry.
- Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp.
- Tap on Force Close and go back to the home screen.
- Now, open the app Preferences Manager.
- On the top, tap on search and search for “WhatsApp”.
- Tap on WhatsApp to open.
- Again, on the top, tap on search and search for “status_mode”.
- Then, tap on “status_mode” = 1.
- In the Value field change the value from “1” to “0”.
- Now open your WhatsApp again and the Status Tab will be gone.