Apple iOS 15 makes possible to insert your selected words to text with its amazing feature which enable iPhone’s camera to scan text. If there is a standard iOS text input field, then you can change your keyboard into a camera.
You can also input text directly from the real documents. You just need to follow these below mentioned steps.
- Tap and drag the cursor where you want the captured text to go. Then click it to show text options
- Here, you will see a new option in the popup: Scan text. If the text entry field shows a lot of options.
- Tap scan text and the keyboard area will be replaced by a camera
- Now point the camera at whatever text you wish to scan. You will be prompted by a notification to slow down the camera movement, if you are not doing it in a correct way.
- Tap on the insert button to select all the text, or the small text selection button to the bottom right if you want to select any type of specific text
- If you will tap the selection button, the text area will be enlarged so you can drag your finger across the text you wish to select.
- Tap insert to scan in just that text.
That text will be inserted where your cursor is. This feature works in any app with standard text input fields.