In the past few days, how many times have you used Siri? Week and month? From getting contact information for local restaurants to finding the route to the nearest Best Buy or Target, Siri can help you in many ways. However, if you are still using the home button to call Apple’s virtual assistant, you will miss some major mistakes.
We’re talking about the voice activation feature that lets you ask for help by simply saying “Hey Siri.”This feature comes in really handy when you’re driving or cooking, or in another situation where handling your phone could be dangerous or messy.
Besides, voice activation for Siri has actually introduced a few years ago, but many people still don’t know it exists. And, we should also point out that there’s a hint. If you own an iPhone 6 or older model, your device must be plugged in for the feature to work.
- First, open up your phone or tablet’s Settings menu, then tap Siri.
- Next, turn on the toggles for Access When Locked and Allow Hey Siri.
- After this, you’ll be prompted to calibrate the Hey Siri feature by helping Siri to learn your voice.
- You’ll be asked to repeat several phrases such as, “Hey Siri, it’s me.”
- Once you’ve completed the calibration process, you’re all set. Siri will now be listening for the trigger words and ready to help you with anything you need.