Technology has become an essential part of our lives. While it has several plus points that simplify your daily tasks, certain risks can harm you financially. Today we are up with the QR Code scam and some notes that will protect you from being a victim of it.
As the name suggests, a QR Code scan scam is a deceptive scheme used by scammers. It is a malicious code that leads you to phishing websites and installs malware on your device, resulting in the stealing of your personal and financial information.
How to protect yourself from the QR Code scam?
- Avoid scanning untrusted QR Codes
- Use QR code scanner apps via URL preview
- Download apps from official stores such as Google Play or Apple App Store
- Update the security software version
- Be aware of phishing scams such as emails or messages