The Google I/O 2021 keynote just wrapped up, where Google unveiled the all-new redesigned version of Android 12. Not only is the Android 12 beta available for select Pixel devices starting today, but Google also announced that it had partnered with some other phone makers to participate in the beta program.
Moreover, this will get Android 12 into the hands of more and more users, allowing developers to find bugs and crush them ahead of the final launch later this year.
Xiaomi is one company that is participating in the program, as you can install the Android 12 beta on the following devices:
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11i
- Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
From there, you’ll need to opt into the Android 12 beta program using Fastboot on your Xiaomi device. Xiaomi’s Mi Community landing page has all of the links that you’ll need, but here are the basic steps:
- Download the MIUI ROM Flashing Tool
- Download the correct MIUI Fastboot File based on your device.
- Turn off your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time to enter Fastboot mode.
- Plug your phone into a Windows computer.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file.
- Open the folder of the decompressed ROM and copy its path on the computer.
- Run the MIUI ROM flashing tool (MiFlash.exe) on your computer.
- Click on the yellow button to refresh, then MiFlash should automatically recognize your phone.
- Press the red button to flash the ROM file to your phone.
- Wait until the progress bar inside of the MiFlash app has turned fully green. This means that your ROM has been successfully installed.
- Enjoy Android 12